The IDS Case Management work with a broad range of clients, many who have complex needs or deteriorating health conditions. The team are skilled at encouraging our clients to make choices and exercise control over their own lives. We work with our clients to establish their goals and the pathways they can adopt to reach them, helping them become more independent and active in the community and deal with problems they may be encountering.
IDS Case Managers provide coordinated support that is designed to enhance the quality of life of our clients and their support networks. We assist clients with access to the supports they require, seeking opportunities for them to learn new skills, accessing education or employment, or getting out and about in the community.
We will assist in navigating the complexities of the Department of Human Services and the National Disability Insurance Scheme and other agencies, providing ongoing support and management across all service providers.
Any person with a disability can apply for IDS Case Management
Referrals can be made by individuals, family members, carers, health professionals and other service providers.
- Establishing personal goals set by clients which will enhance their quality of life and community participation, working with them to achieve these goals,
- Providing information on, and accessing, recreation and leisure services,
- Assisting with funding applications for recreation/attendant care hours,
- Transitioning from hospital following hospital admission,
- Linking individuals with specialist training and employment services.
For further information contact IDS
T: 03 93405100
E: [email protected]