A key component of the IDS Individualised Support philosophy it the importance we place on community inclusion. Our staff work closely with our clients to develop, implement and monitor strategies that focus on their involvement in the community, putting into place plans and activities that reflect their interests. We do this by connecting them to people in the community who share common interests and goals, whether they are organised groups or individuals.
We recognise the importance of the relationship between our clients and their support workers. That is why we always encourage them to lead the selection of the person who will support them. This ensures we are not only pairing them with someone who has the skills and experience to meet their needs, they also share some common interests, resulting in a more sustainable and rewarding partnership.
The IDS Individualised Support teamwork with our clients, offering flexible support that is tailored to meet their individual needs, recognising their circumstances and priorities may change.
IDS offers a diverse range of support including:
IDS staff are trained and experienced in a wide range of personal support activities. They can provide ongoing support with daily tasks including:
- Grooming, personal hygiene and dressing,
- Mobility and transfers,
- Toileting and continence management,
- Communication Aids Assistance.
We understand that communication is vital. IDS staff can provide assistance with:
- Using the phone,
- Helping you set up your internet and other technological advice,
- Helping you use the internet and social media programs.
IDS can provide support with domestic duties such as:
- Dusting, vacuuming and general tidying,
- Cleaning kitchens and bathrooms,
- Washing and ironing,
- Changing bed sheets,
- Paying bills, sending and collecting mail and packages,
- Regular telephone check-up as part of our home-calling service,
- Attending medical or social appointments,
- Shopping and putting away groceries,
- Paperwork and correspondence,
- Walking or supported exercise.
This support is offered to people who have difficulty completing these tasks on their own or feel like they need a little extra help around the house.
IDS can help with grocery shopping and meal preparation including assistance with special dietary requirements and checking food expiry dates.
Home and Garden Maintenance
We can help with:
- Mowing, weeding and planting,
- Garden waste removal,
- Advice on potential home safety risks,
- Ensuring the home and garden have an adequate level of security,
- Access to technical advice on major home modifications,
- Changing smoke detector batteries and light bulbs,
- Minor modifications to the home such as bath rails and shower hose.
For further information contact IDS
T: 03 9340 5100
E: [email protected]