IDS partners with parents working with them to raise awareness of the issues they face
IDS offers support that:
- Strengthens the parent’s role. This includes support that meets the personal assistance needs associated with a disability,
- Is responsive to change in individual and family situations,
- Recognises the role of the extended family,
- Keeps parents informed and ensure the information provided is accessible; this includes information on aids and equipment, advocacy, advice and counselling,
- Build networks with other parents with a disability,
- Is responsive to the personal situation of the parent.